Thursday, September 13, 2007

yes!


YES! I am loving the weather. But, you know that it will probably get tricky on us and go back to 95 degrees! (we are in Texas in case you forgot) Oh well...i'm loving it while I can for now.


OK, so my son Bennett has discovered an old MP3 player of my husbands. He thinks it is the coolest thing ever. He walks around with the earbuds in and he'll try and tell us something and just be screaming without knowing it. lol! He was listening to music last night while I was getting dinner ready and he was just singing.....i mean the singing that you do when you don't think anyone is around kind of singing. Brad and I just looked at each other....it was the sweetest thing. He was singing "everywhere I go, I see You.......everywhere I go, I see You" (i think it is a worship song off Michael W. Smith's older worship cd.

I just love how innocent it was and needed to be reminded to SING more! Not just when I have to, but just because.

OK, so my other son, Olson is a 1st grader. He is starting to experience HOMEWORK this week for the first time. He is HATING it. So, I'm trying to be a good parent and right when he gets home from school each day, he gets a little snack and we sit down to do that day's page out of his homework packet. Well, yesterday Brad had a friend come by and so I let him go play first so I could visit for awhile. Of course, when I try and get him to do his homework, he just makes the biggest fuss. But it's so funny because when he finishes his work and does really well (he is so smart) he is so proud of himself!

Why do kids function so much better with a set routine?? I remember when I taught elementary music, I used to be amazed when the smallest thing got "out of whack" one day....it became absolute craziness. I guess most people do function best on a routine...I know I do.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Gotta have my routine as well...maybe that's why we worked out so well as roommates! :)

Rachel said...

Love the pic of Bennett!

shadesofgreykevyn.blogspot.com said...

I forget to blog as well...your doing great. I enjoyed having you over for lunch last week and talking "photography." A boring subject for others-I'm sure. See ya soon.