Friday, September 28, 2007

Bennett's b-day!






My youngest son, Bennett turned 5 this week! That is so crazy to me. It seems like yesterday that he was so tiny. I told him on his birthday that I wasn't going to let him turn 5 until exactly 1:42pm since that's when he was officially born. :) He didn't quite "get" why he had to wait until after lunch to turn 5, but he went along with it for me, I guess. We happened to be at the grocery store (where he loves to push the small-kid carts and drive it like a race car around the store) when he officially turned 5. We were heading out to the car, and I stopped in the parking lot...scooped him up and hugged him really tight. I told him that I was NOT going to let him turn 5...this isn't possible! He gave me that "oh, mom!" look and said..."well, I guess I'm not 4 anymore! yippeee!!"

If only we could stop time. If only we could go back. But, this mommy knows how quickly the years have flown by and I know that I just have to cherish each and every second of every day that God gives me. I am so honored to be able to be a mom. It is amazing to me that God gives us these little lives to take care of and raise to be adults (wow!).

We had his party at a cool place here in Arlington called "Alley Cats."

Thanking God for Bennett this week.......

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Tearing up......

Lindsay said...

He looks so much like you! Happy 5th Bennet!

Sarah W said...

I had fun at dinner tonight! I agree, time does go by so quickly with little ones. I can't believe Rhett is old enough to be a big brother.