Wednesday, September 19, 2007

a little too much sugar??

OK, so my Tuesday and Thursdays are my days to run around (Bennett is in MDO and Olson's at school all day). So, yesterday I decide to go to Target. I just love to push the cart around Target. I seriously think I could spend hours there. Whoever their marketing people are...they've gotten it right. What young 20 to 30-somethings don't LOVE Target??
Anyway, so I decide to get my "grande, nonfat cinnamon dolce" latte and a pumpkin spice muffin (oh my gosh...have you had one of these yet?? have them warm it up for you). So, I sit down in the little sitting area to eat my muffin and organize my calendar. Well, 2 workers from Target are chatting it up. One of them got a coffee and he is standing at the counter where all the "extras" that you add in are located. This guy starts dumping real sugar into his small coffee cup. I am not kidding....he stood there and I probably could've counted to 10 while he kept pouring. I could not believe it. THEN----THEN!!!!!!!! He added 2 more sweet-n-lows. THEN!!!!!!! He added some creamer. I so bad wanted to say "hey, man...would you like some coffee to go with that?" LOL! He is probably still going strong. I bet he never even went to bed last night. wow. I'm still amazed.

But, seriously...go try one of the pumpkin muffins at Starbucks. They are melt in your mouth good. Don't think about the calories...just savor it. There's no way it could have more sugar than what that guy dumped in his coffee.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Went to Starbucks today....was it the the loaf or the cream cheese muffin? I opted for the muffin. It was yum! Not crazy about the seeds on top, but yummy none the less. :)

Julie said...

Yes, it was the muffin. I know...I picked the seeds off, too.

Lindsay said...

I'm putting that on my list of things to try. Sounds really good. Target's the best and they only made it better when they added Starbucks to it! Genius!

Lindsay said...

I had a Pumpkin Muffin today, minus the seeds, and it was delicious!